Don’t pay for an EIN Number
Don’t pay for someone to create an EIN number for you, its free and its quite simple to obtain. To obtain an EIN number please make sure you have the following:
- Know the way in which you want to report your taxes. As a Sole Proprietor, Corporation, LLC, S Corp, etc. You will need to select this when starting your EIN application.
- Have the legal name of your corporation and mailing address ready. You will have to enter this. Try to make this address one that you will always have access to, and separate from your person address. Check our resources section in the library for office address options if needed.
- You will also need to provide an email address and phone number as well.
- Outside of these things they will have general and self explanatory questions throughout the application about your business type, etc.
- Let us know if we forgot anything, but the application should take less than 5 minutes. Most times when you apply before 9pm EST they provide your number right away, otherwise it will take about a day if you do it after hours, though the system is available 24/7.
Here is the Link to the EIN Application portal on the IRS. If you don’t want to spend the 5 minutes and would prefer someone to pay for these services there are many that provide it, but why not try to give it a shot on your own? Good Luck!
Disclaimer: This information is being provided as a knowledge tool, is based on research, and is updated on a quarterly basis. We do not claim any special relationships with the furnisher of the services listed above.
Last Update: April 15, 2021
Last Update: December 9th, 2021